Transfer Applicants

We may be just what you’re looking for. Wake Forest welcomes the submission of applications from transfer students, and the number of transfer students admitted varies from semester to semester depending on the current enrollment. Traditionally, more students are admitted for the fall semester than the spring semester.

A student who has graduated from high school and then taken any college coursework must apply as a transfer applicant to Wake Forest. An applicant for admission who has attended another college must have an overall average of at least C on all college work attempted and must either be a graduate of a standard junior college or furnish a certificate of honorable dismissal stating eligibility in all respects to enter the last college attended.

Transfer students, excluding international students, are eligible for all Wake Forest need-based financial aid programs. There are no available merit-based scholarships for transfer students. For information on our need-based financial aid programs, visit our financial aid website.

International students should review information found on our International Applicants page for additional information and instructions.

Application deadlines

  • Spring 2022 Term: Applications due November 1, 2021
    • Decisions released by mid-December
  • Fall 2022 Term: Applications due March 15, 2022
    • Decisions released by mid-May

Important transfer admission information

Applying to transfer to Wake Forest University

Each of the following items must be submitted in order for your application to be considered:

  • $85 application fee (non-refundable)
  • College transcripts from all colleges attended
  • Dean’s Statement for Transfer Students [PDF] from each college attended; the Common Application “Transfer College Report” form may also be used to verify your academic standing
  • Final high school transcript
  • TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo (International students only)

NOTE: Submission of standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) is optional.

We do not offer interviews to transfer applicants.

Seeking a second undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University

Students desiring a second undergraduate degree must apply to transfer to Wake Forest University. You must still complete all degree requirements (including all basic and divisional requirements) prior to earning your second degree. In order to graduate from Wake Forest, you must complete at least half of your degree and half of your major and minor (if applicable) at Wake Forest.

Submit all materials to:

Undergraduate Admissions
PO Box 7305
Winston-Salem, NC 27109-7305

Seeking Unclassified Student status at Wake Forest University (non-degree seeking)

Individuals desiring to continue their education as non-degree seeking students may take courses at Wake Forest. Only students who have already earned an undergraduate degree will be considered. The following items must be submitted in order for your application to be considered:

Cherry blossoms on Hearn Plaza frame Wait Chapel on the campus of Wake Forest University

Ready to Apply?

Go for it. Start the process and let’s see if this is a fit.