Student-led walking tours will be led by a current WFU student and will last approximately 60 minutes. They will take you around and teach you about our beautiful campus, welcoming community, and academic rigor. The tour route will not include any indoor building access; however, visitors are welcome to return to campus to visit areas of interest, as building access allows. Currently, campus academic buildings are closed to visitors.
Student-Led Campus Tours
We hope you will join us for a tour of our beautiful campus! Student guides lead these hour-long walking tours on Mondays-Fridays at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. ET.
It’s best to register in advance. We accommodate walk-ins only as space allows – first come, first served – which is why it’s best to save your space now!
Please note, due to the possibility of changes in campus operations, the University may suspend tours. If this affects your visit, you will be notified by email.
Because of the university’s spring break, Wake Forest Admissions will not offer student-led tours on March 4-11, but they will resume on the 14th!
We are delighted you will be visiting Wake Forest University! We look forward to seeing you!
Things to Know before You Register
- The walking tour is limited to outdoor spaces only at this time.
- Please make sure you arrive on time. Our tours must stick to a tight schedule, so, unfortunately, if you are tardy, you will then be given a self-guided tour-book.
- On our interactive campus map, you can view and learn more about the stops that will take place on your tour.
Visitors are allowed to visit campus to take a self-guided tour. Stop by the Porter Byrum Welcome Center to pick up a self-guided tour book or download it below.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Before You Arrive on Campus
The health and safety of our visitors, students, and staff is our highest priority. The following information will be helpful to know prior to your visit:
- All visitors to campus, and all other University properties, must wear a mask indoors at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- For those with specific health concerns, please know that the 3:00 p.m. tour, though outdoors, will have a mask requirement. All participants of the 3:00 p.m. tour will be required to wear a mask throughout the tour. We reserve the right to begin requiring masks for the duration of the 11:00 a.m. tours.
- The tours will take you around campus. You will remain outside the buildings but learn about them.
- You will have an opportunity to ask questions during the tour.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at 336.758.5201 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival on campus. We look forward to welcoming you!
Porter Byrum Welcome Center Information
PO Box 7305 Reynolda Station
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time
- Saturday: CLOSED*
- Sunday: CLOSED*
We are closed during all major holidays.
* Self-guided tours are available during this time.
Questions? You can reach us at:
Ranked the nation’s 46th-best place to live by U.S. News & World Report in 2021, Winston-Salem is situated between mountains and ocean and is home to one of America’s most vibrant arts communities.