The Campus Visit Experience
Fall Campus Visit Update
Fall campus visits have concluded and will resume in mid-February. In the meantime, please feel free to pick up a campus map and a self-guided tour-book at our Welcome Center. Go Deacs!
We look forward to sharing Wake Forest with you!
On Mondays and Fridays, join us for an information session and walking tour of the Wake Forest campus, led by one of our current WFU student tour guides. This two-hour visit experience will be offered on Mondays and Fridays from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
Information sessions—where you will receive an overview of Wake Forest and the admissions process—will be held prior to the campus tours. The one-hour information sessions start at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., Monday and Friday, followed by the one-hour campus tours at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., respectively, Monday and Friday.
On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., we will offer one-hour student-led campus tours without an information session.
The majority of the tour will take place outside, so it is important that you check the local weather forecast and dress appropriately in case of inclement weather.
It’s best to register in advance. We accommodate walk-ins only as space allows—first come, first served—which is why it’s best to reserve your space now!
You can also take a take a self-guided tour to explore campus on your own or check out our virtual campus tour if you’re unable to visit Wake Forest in-person. Finally, you can check out our live online information session, Distinctively Wake: a conversation where you can engage with Wake Forest University admissions representatives and a current student.
We are delighted you will be visiting Wake Forest University and look forward to seeing you!
Wake Forest’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions is dedicated to accessibility in our campus-visit experiences. If you need assistance with accessibility or have accessibility questions, please contact Dawn Calhoun at email@example.com or 336.758.5201 at least three working days in advance of your visit. Thank you!
Things to know before you register
- On Mondays and Fridays, information sessions take place at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and will last about an hour. The one-hour student-led campus tour will follow immediately afterward at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Student-led campus tours without an information session are offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Please note, due to the possibility of changes in campus operations, the University may suspend tours. If this affects your visit, you will be notified by email.
- In the case of severe weather, we must suspend tours, and, in lieu of them, we will hold a Q&A session with student tour-guides in the Welcome Center auditorium.
- Make sure you arrive on time. Our tours must stick to a tight schedule, so, unfortunately, if you are tardy, you will then be given a self-guided tour-book.
- On our interactive campus map, you may view and learn more about the stops that will take place on your tour.
Before You Arrive on Campus
In preparation for your visit, please know that we encourage the wearing of masks while indoors. You will have opportunities to ask questions throughout the tour.
If you have any questions or concerns in advance, you may contact us at 336.758.5201 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival to campus.
If using Google to get here, please be sure to search for the Porter B. Byrum Welcome Center.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Visitors may always visit campus to take a self-guided tour. Stop by the Porter Byrum Welcome Center to pick up a self-guided tour book or download it below.
We look forward to welcoming you!
If you like what you experience, please be sure to add yourself to our mailing list. We’ll keep you updated!
Wake Downtown Tours
Come visit Wake Downtown, home to Biochemistry, Engineering, Molecular Biology, and Medicinal Chemistry!
Campus Visit FAQs
What can I expect on the tour?
Student-led walking tours will be led by a current WFU student and will last approximately 60 minutes. They will take you around and teach you about our beautiful campus, welcoming community, and academic rigor.
How many guests can I bring?
You may bring up to four guests on a Wake Forest student-led tour.
- Will the tour include a residence hall?
Will I be able to talk to any faculty or other Wake Forest staff while I’m there?
You may speak with faculty and staff, but you would need to arrange that discussion in advance by contacting the academic department and/or program individually, to see who is available on the date you are visiting.
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
You may cancel a reservation through your interview-confirmation email, but, if you experience any difficulties doing so, please simply call 336.758.5201 or email email@example.com prior to your arrival on campus.
What other Admissions or visit options are available?
At Wake Forest University, you’ll find maps around our beautiful campus; you can be sure that we are here to guide you!
But while maps are helpful, they can also impose grids on the flows of experience. They can be inadequate when it comes to revealing the truth and beauty of a place –
– which is precisely why we’re happy to offer multiple ways for you to experience Wake Forest:
We want you to know us as fully as you can, just as we – as a test-optional university for more than a decade – want to know you as fully as we can, beyond the representation given by only numbers.
We look forward to welcoming you through any of the options offered above.
More than anything, we want you to map out your future – while also staying open to new discoveries.
Reserve Your Spot
Ready to experience the Wake Forest difference? Schedule your visit today!
Campus tours and information sessions will be offered at the following times:
Monday & Friday:
- 10 a.m. information session
11 a.m. walking tour of campus
- 2 p.m. information session
3 p.m. walking tour of campus
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday:
- 11 a.m. walking tour of campus
- 3 p.m. walking tour of campus
Porter Byrum Welcome Center
P.O. Box 7305 Reynolda Station
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
- Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. Eastern Time
- Saturday: CLOSED*
- Sunday: CLOSED*
We are closed during all major holidays.
* Self-guided tours are available during this time. On weekends, self-guided tour-books and maps are available in boxes directly outside the Porter Byrum Welcome Center.
Questions? You can reach us at: