Student-led walking tours will be led by a current WFU student and will last approximately 60 minutes. They will take you around and teach you about our beautiful campus, welcoming community, and academic rigor. The tour route will not include any indoor building access; however, visitors may return to campus once the tour is complete to view areas of interest (as building access allows).
Student-Led Walking Tours
Join us for a 60-minute outdoor walking tour of Wake Forest University, led by one of our current Wake Forest student tour guides!
Tours are offered at 9:45 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:15 p.m., and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
We encourage visitors to register in advance for a tour. We are able to accommodate walk-ins as space allows – on a first-come, first-served basis – but we can’t guarantee a space, which is why it’s best to register.
Things to Know before You Register
- The walking tour is limited to outdoor spaces only at this time.
- Please make sure you arrive on time. Our tours must stick to a tight schedule, so, unfortunately, if you are tardy, you will then be given a self-guided tour-book.
- On our interactive campus map, you can view and learn more about the stops that will take place on your tour.
Visitors are allowed to visit campus to take a self-guided tour. Stop by the Porter Byrum Welcome Center to pick up a self-guided tour book or download it below.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Before You Arrive on Campus
The health and safety of our visitors, students, and staff is our highest priority. The following information will be helpful to know prior to your visit:
- If you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to wear a mask while on campus.
- For those with specific health concerns, all participants of the 3 p.m. tour will be required to wear a mask throughout the tour.
- Any individual who enters the Welcome Center after 2 p.m. will be required to wear a mask.
- The tours will take you around campus. You will remain outside the buildings but learn about them.
- You will have an opportunity to ask questions during the tour.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at 336.758.5201 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your arrival on campus. We look forward to welcoming you!
Porter Byrum Welcome Center Information
PO Box 7305 Reynolda Station
Winston-Salem, NC 27109
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time
- Saturday: CLOSED*
- Sunday: CLOSED*
We are closed during all major holidays.
* Self-guided tours are available during this time.
If entering the Welcome Center after 2 p.m., you must wear a mask.
Questions? You can reach us at:
Ranked the nation’s 46th-best place to live by U.S. News & World Report in 2021, Winston-Salem is situated between mountains and ocean and is home to one of America’s most vibrant arts communities.