We take interviews personally. They are our best way of getting to know you and a great way for you to learn more about Wake Forest.
Whether face-to-face or via webcam, it is our priority to put a personality with a name in our search for future Wake Forest students. The interview provides us with a personal and unrehearsed component to the admissions process while offering prospective students the opportunity to tell us about something we might not learn from an application.
In our personalized application and merit-based scholarship review process, the interview plays an important role in how we make decisions. Interviews are conducted by members of the Admissions Committee only. We will begin interviewing first year applicants for the Fall 2016 term on June 1. Prospective students are not required to have submitted an application for admission in order to schedule an interview.
Because open appointment slots become limited in the fall, scheduling an interview during the summer months is strongly encouraged. In addition to interviews on campus, webcam interviews are offered throughout the summer and are evaluated no differently than those conducted on campus.
Review our Personal Interview FAQs for additional information.
Interviews are no longer available for Fall 2015 applicants.
- Choose a date and time for your interview
- Interviews are available mornings at 9 a.m., 10 a.m., and 11 a.m., and afternoons at 1:30 p.m., 3 p.m., and 4 p.m. (all Eastern Time) beginning June 1.
- Interview Requests will be processed through November 15 on a first-come, first-served basis. Although we make every effort to accommodate all interview requests, please be aware that we cannot guarantee we will be able to to schedule every request as November 15 approaches.
- December 22, 2015 is the last day for Fall 2016 applicants to interview.
- Webcam interviews are scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only.
- Interviews are 25 minutes long.
- Campus Visits (information session + tour) last two hours. If planning to attend a Campus Visit, please request your interview time accordingly.
- Submit the Interview Request Form
- Interviews must be scheduled in advance. We suggest submitting the request form a minimum of two weeks prior to when you wish to interview.
- To schedule an interview, complete the Interview Request Form
- A follow up response will be sent, in most cases, within 2-3 working business days.
- Schedule your Information Session & Campus Tour
- AFTER receipt of your interview confirmation register for the Campus Visit.
TRANSFER APPLICANTS: Interviews are not available to transfer applicants. If the Admissions Office determines an interview is necessary, the applicant will be notified.
Personal interviews provide an opportunity to get to know our applicants beyond the written application. These 25-minute sessions are evaluative and become part of your application file. Be prepared for a thoughtful and wide-ranging conversation.
Appointments available beginning June 1 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. most weekdays.
Using Skype and a Webcam you can speak directly to admissions staff from your home or school. These 25-minute sessions are evaluative and become part of your application file. Be prepared for a thoughtful and wide-ranging conversation.
Appointments available beginning June 1 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.