At Wake Forest, we take interviews personally.
Ours is a face-to-face community where we value unrehearsed conversation. We want to talk about your talents and accomplishments, your thoughts, ideas, and motivation. We want to experience your personality.
Our admissions and merit-based scholarship application review process is … different. We go beyond scores and numbers and the interview is an important component in the selection process. Wake Forest interviews are conducted by members of the Admissions Committee only, and are available either in person on campus or via webcam.
We conduct interviews for first year applicants June 1 – December 8. Fall interview slots are limited so we strongly encourage you to schedule your interview for the summer months. It is not necessary to have an admissions application on file prior to your interview.
We look forward to meeting you.
Interviewing has concluded for Fall 2018 applicants. Interviews for Fall 2019 applicants will begin in June 2018 with appointments opening for registration in late April 2018.
- Interviews are available at 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m., 3 p.m., and 4 p.m. (all Eastern Time) beginning June 1.
- On-campus interviews are scheduled Monday through Friday only.
- Webcam interviews are scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only.
- December 8, 2017 is the last day for Fall 2018 applicants to interview.
- Interviews are approximately 25 minutes long.
- Campus Visits (information session + tour) last two hours. If you are planning to attend a Campus Visit, please schedule your interview time accordingly.
- Review our Personal Interview FAQs for additional information.
TRANSFER APPLICANTS: Interviews are not available to transfer applicants.
Personal interviews provide an opportunity to get to know our applicants beyond the written application. These 25-minute sessions are evaluative and become part of your application file. Be prepared for a thoughtful and wide-ranging conversation.
Appointments available beginning June 1 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. most weekdays.
Using a webcam you can speak directly to admissions staff from your home or school. These 25-minute sessions are evaluative and become part of your application file. Be prepared for a thoughtful and wide-ranging conversation.
Appointments available beginning June 1 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.