Bachelor of Arts
The Environmental Science major prepares students to become proficient in the biological, chemical, physical, and earth sciences, and to develop social and cultural awareness of complex environmental problems.
Did You Know?
- This highly interdisciplinary major calls on the expertise of faculty in 20 different undergraduate departments as well as professional schools of Business, Divinity and Law.
- Offered for the first time in 2020-21, it is part of a rapidly growing Environmental program that includes Environment and Sustainability Studies.
Sample courses for students studying English include:
- Land and Natural Resource Management
- Field Biology and Natural History
Clubs & Organizations
Environmental Science students participate in the following clubs and organizations:
- Wake Adventure Club
- Women in STEM
- Campus Kitchen
- Campus Garden
- Bioethics Club
- Sustainable WFU
Careers that often interest Environmental Science majors include:
- Environmental Chemist
- Environmental Engineer
- Environmental Geologist
- Environmental Science Teacher
- Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Specialist
- Environmental Technician
- Wildlife Biologist
Ready to take the next step?
At Wake Forest, we have lots of good stories to share, so we hope you’ll get to know us. Browse our Viewbook to learn more.