Bachelor of Arts
The Environment & Sustainability Studies program teaches students how to think across disciplinary boundaries to address environmental challenges and to act within their communities for environmental justice. Recently created but right on time, the major provides a holistic education in Wake Forest’s finest tradition of collaborative, forward-thinking studies.
Did You Know?
- This highly interdisciplinary major calls on the expertise of faculty in 20 different undergraduate departments as well as professional schools of Business, Divinity and Law.
- Offered for the first time in 2020-21, it is part of a rapidly growing Environmental program that includes Environmental Science.
- Concentrations are likely to include environment and health; conservation science; environmental leadership; and computational sustainability and data science.
Sample courses for students studying Environment & Sustainability Studies include:
- Environmental Issues
- Leadership for Sustainability
- Genetics and Evolution
Clubs & Organizations
Environment & Sustainability Studies students participate in the following clubs and organizations:
- Wake Adventure Club
- Women in STEM
- Campus Kitchen
- Campus Garden
- Bioethics Club
- Sustainable WFU
Careers that often interest Environment & Sustainability Studies majors include:
- Environmental Engineer
- Sustainability Director
- Sustainability Manager
- Sustainability Specialist
Ready to take the next step?
At Wake Forest, we have lots of good stories to share, so we hope you’ll get to know us. Browse our Viewbook to learn more.