Use the information below to keep track of what steps to take and materials to include when applying to Wake Forest.
I’m interested in viewing information and application instructions for:
Beginning May 1
Schedule an Interview
Optional interviews are available via webcam.
Early Decision Deadline
Deadline for Early Decision applications. (Note: Early Decision applicants may apply any time after completion of their junior year).
Need-Based Financial Aid Application Deadline
- The deadline for Need-Based Financial Aid applications for Early Decision applicants can be found on the Financial Aid website. Applicants who meet this deadline will receive an award notification as early as December 1. Visit our How To Apply page for step-by-step financial aid application instructions.
Presidential Scholarship for Distinguished Achievement Deadline
- The deadline for the Presidential Scholarship for Distinguished Achievement can be found on the Financial Aid website.
Merit-Based Scholarship Consideration Deadline
Deadline for all merit-based scholarship consideration.
Early Decision II Application Deadline
Regular Decision Application Deadline
What you need to do (Early Decision II and Regular Decision):
Please include the following items if they pertain to your application:
- $65 application fee
- Secondary School Report Form
- Teacher Recommendation Form
- Official high school transcript
- SAT/ACT scores — ONLY if you want those scores considered in your admissions application.
- See our Test Optional information
- [International ONLY] Official TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test score report
- [International ONLY] Confidential financial information form
Deadline for Need-Based Financial Aid applications for Early Decision II and Regular Decision applicants. Early Decision II applicants who meet this deadline will receive an award notification as early as February 15. Regular decision applicants who meet this deadline will receive an award notification as early as April 1.
Visit our How To Apply page for step-by-step financial aid application instructions.
William Louis Poteat Scholarship Deadline
- The deadline for the William Louis Poteat Scholarship can be found on the financial aid website.
Mid-Year Report Form
Send your Mid-Year Report Form as soon as it’s available during your senior year.
Notifications of Acceptance
Early Decision applicants
- Decisions are released on a rolling basis. Early Decision candidates are either accepted, deferred to the Regular Decision applicant pool, or are not accepted.
Early Decision II applicants
- Decisions released on approximately February 15. Early Decision II candidates are either accepted, offered a place on our wait list, or are not accepted.
Regular Decision applicants
- Decisions released by April 1. Regular decision candidates are either accepted, offered a place on our wait list, or not accepted.
How to Submit
Mail all your materials to:
PO Box 7305
Winston-Salem, NC 27109-7305
Regular admission as a first-year student normally requires graduation from an accredited secondary school with a minimum of 16 units of high school credit. These should include at least four units in English, three in mathematics, two in history and social studies, two in a single foreign language and one in the natural sciences. Most admitted students will have pursued a challenging curriculum of Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate courses. Candidates for admission must furnish evidence of maturity and educational achievement, plus evidence of character and motivation for study in the College of Arts and Sciences. High school curriculum and classroom performance, combined with the student’s writing ability, extracurricular activities, and evidence of character and talent, are the most important criteria for admission.
Ready to Apply?
Go for it. Start the process and let’s see if this is a fit.